Complementary Therapy Association
The CThA was formed in 1999 as ITEC Professionals becoming which later became the CThA after a merger with GCP in 2002.
The CThA has over 8,000 full members and 1,500 student members in the UK and Ireland. It is the aim of CThA to represent multi-disciplined therapists within the industry.
What CThA do
- Maintain a register of practising members which advertised to the public through the various media i.e. website, magazine and direct contact with the office
- Recognise qualifications issued by the leading awarding bodies which reflect a minimum base line standard in education
- Working with lead bodies such as ACI to agree standards in education and core curriculum
- Ensure members abide by the code of practice
- Deal with complaints from the public in respect of our members under our complaints and disciplinary procedures.
- Publish a professional journal which supports and promotes all aspects of multi disciplinary therapies including Aromatherapy
Future Development at CThA
- To work collaboratively with other professional associations to promote and deliver a wide range of educational skills and research opportunities.
- To engage and create Professional CPD activity for members